This is a game of deduction. Figure out the pattern and don't be the last one!
One player must already know the 'secret' or pattern to the game. A pattern can be one or more of the following:
1. Things which start with a certain letter of the alphabet such a the letter G (gold, groceries, garbage etc.)
2. Things which end with a certain letter of the alphabet
3. Words with two vowels or consonants together (wheel, pizza, book etc.)
4. Words with a certain letter in the of the word such as the letter K (kangaroo, book, coke etc.)
5. Items consisting of two words (hot dogs, baking dish, waffle iron etc.)
6. Items of the same color
7. Items with the same number of letters
8. Items which begin with the last letter of the last item mentioned.
You can think of other patterns.
The game begins by one player saying "I'm going on a camping trip and I'm going to bring ______" and at this point the player picks anything they would like to bring on the trip. Let's assume that the pattern is things which begin with the letter 'S' so the player says "socks". Then the next player says " I'm going on a camping trip and I'm going to bring sandwiches. All players who have figured out the pattern would say "Okay, you can bring that on the camping trip". But let's say the third person hasn't caught on to the game yet and says, "I'm going on a camping trip and I'm going to bring bananas". All player who know the pattern should say, "No, you can't bring bananas" and play continues to the next player until everyone has caught onto the pattern. If a player thinks they know the pattern they must wait until their turn and say what they are bringing to the camping trip. If their items fits the pattern they can then whisper what they thing the pattern is to the lead player and the lead player will say yes or no. Sometimes a player really doesn't know the pattern and simply guesses something which fits the pattern.