Answer these Christmas trivia questions correctly and you are a Christmas Genius!
1. The first instrument on which the carol "Silent Night" was played was:
A) A harp
B) A pipe organ
C) A guitar
D) A kazoo
2. What is the name of Rudolph's dad?
3. Electric Christmas tree lights were first used in:
4. Good King Wenceslas was king of which country?
5. The rabbit in the magic hat in "Frosty the Snowman" is named:
A) Scut Farkus
B) Little Grinch
C) Hocus Pocus
D) Rabbit Claus
6. The name of Scrooge's deceased business partner in Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol was:
A) Bob Cratchit
B) Jerry Cornelius
C) Bill Sykes
D) Jacob Marley
7. In North America, children put stockings out at Christmas time. Their Dutch counterparts use:
A) Old hats
B) Beer mugs
D) Stockings, just like everybody else!
8. The poinsettia, a traditional Christmas flower, originally grew in which country?
9. What city did "Miracle on 34th Street" take place in?
A) New Jersey
B) New Orleans
C) New York
10. When you go Wassailing, what is it that you are doing?
A) Giving out gifts to your friends & neighbors
B) Going out in the woods to cut down your Christmas tree
C) Challenging as many of your neighbors as you can to a snowball fight
D) Going to visit neighbors and receiving goodies!
11. One notable medieval English Christmas celebration featured:
A) A giant, 165-pound pie
B) Snowball fights between rival courtiers
C) A swimming race across the English Channel
D) Huge crackers that sometimes exploded fatally
12. In Australia, usual Boxing Day activities include:
A) Building snowmen
C) Wombat hunting
13. What was pictured on the first stamp printed for the Christmas season?
A) Santa Claus
B) An Angel
C) A Star
D) A Rose
14. The real St. Nicholas lived:
A) At the North Pole
B) On the island of Malta
C) In Turkey
D) In Holland
15. Which of the following was not one of the Three Kings?
16. The poem commonly known as "The Night Before Christmas" was originally titled:
A) The Night Before Christmas
B) Santa Claus is Coming to Town
C) A Visit From Saint Nicholas
D) The Night Visitor
17. In Tchaikovsky's ballet The Nutcracker, the nutcracker's main enemy is:
A) A girl called Clara
B) The King of the Mice
C) Dr. Almond
D) Drosselmeyer the magician
18. What brought Frosty the Snowman to life?
A) Pixie Dust
B) An old silk hat
C) A kiss
D) A fresh snowfall
19. What was the name of the dog that belonged to the Grinch in Dr. Seuss' book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"?
20. When visiting Finland, Santa leaves his sleigh behind and rides on:
A) Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
B) A giant bird
C) A goat named Ukko
D) A flying carpet
5. Hocus Pocus
6. Jacob Marley
9. New York
10. Going to visit neighbors and receiving goodies!
11. A giant, 165-pound pie
13. A Rose
14. In Turkey
16. A Visit From Saint Nicholas
17. The King of the Mice
18. An old silk hat
20. A goat named Ukko