Copy the Holiday Movie Trivia (make sure not to leave the answer in) and hand out one to every guest as they arrive. Whoever gets the most questions right wins! Another variation on this game: Divide all guests into 2 or 3 or 4 groups, each group can collaborate on answers, the group which gets most questions right, wins!
1. In the 1988 film \"Scrooged,\" the character played by Bill Murray is:
a) a cold-hearted banker
b) a cold-hearted TV executive
c) a cold-hearted police officer
d) a cold-hearted politician
2. What\'s the name of George Bailey\'s guardian angel in \"It\'s a Wonderful Life?\"
3. In \"It\'s a Wonderful Life,\" George Bailey as a boy suffers an injury to:
a) his foot
b) his arm
c) his eyes
d) his ear
4. \"The Nightmare Before Christmas\" is written by:
a) Tim Burton
b) Martin Scorsese
c) Jimmy Stewart
d) Danny DeVito
5. \"White Christmas\" is set in
c) New Hampshire
6. Who plays Bing Crosby\'s Army buddy in \"White Christmas?\"
a) Jimmy Stewart
b) Dean Martin
c) Danny Kaye
d) Bob Hope
7. The little girl who\'s skeptical about Santa Clause in \"Miracle on 34th Street\" is played by:
a) Natalie Wood
b) Audrey Hepburn
c) Anne Bancroft
d) Sharon Stone
8. Miracle on 34th Street revolves around which department store?
d) Neiman Marcus
9. In \"Home Alone,\" a young boy is abandoned when his parents rush to a holiday vacation in:
d) New York
10. The 1982 Barry Levinson film \"Diner\" is set in which city?
a) New York
11. Which of the following actors was NOT in \"Diner?\"
a) Kevin Bacon
b) Ellen Barkin
c) Matt Dillon
d) Mickey Rourke
12.What happens to the character played by Tim Allen in \"The Santa Clause?\"
a) he gains weight
b) grows a beard
c) he gets fired
d) all of the above
13. What was the amount of lost money that caused \"It\'s a Wonderful Life\" character George Bailey to wish he had never been born?
14. Why does the first Santa Claus in \"Miracle on 34th Street\" get fired?
a) He was not the real Santa Claus.
b) He was drunk on the job.
c) Children were afraid of him because of his surly manner.
d) He is homeless.
15. What is Ralphie\'s father\'s prize for winning a radio contest in \"A Christmas Story\"?
a) Red Ryder BB gun.
b) A christmas turkey.
c) A bowling ball with a snow-globe in its center.
d) A leg-shaped lamp.
16. In \"A Charlie Brown Christmas\" Linus\'s famous speech is actually a passage from which Gospel of the Bible?
17. In \"Die Hard,\" the office Christmas party is spoiled by terrorists from which country?
18. What drives Clark Griswold over the edge in National Lampoon\'s \"Christmas Vacation\"?
a) His redneck cousins showing up un-announced.
b) Not receiving his Christmas bonus.
c) Not being able to get the decorative Christmas lights for the outside of his house to work.
d) His wife Ellen\'s terrible cooking.
19. Nicholas Cage goes to sleep on Christmas Eve as a wealthy New York banker and wakes up as a middle-class New Jersey dad in which holiday movie?
a) Home for the Holidays.
b) The Family Man.
c) National Treasure.
d) Christmas with the Kranks.
20. How does Will Ferrell end up being raised in the North Pole in the movie \"Elf\"?
a) Santa rescued him from an orphanage.
b) As a baby, he crawled unnoticed into Santa\'s bag of presents.
c) His childhood wish to live and work among Santa\'s elves was granted.
d) Santa\'s sleigh collided with the stork that was delivering a baby to its parents on Christmas Eve.
21. In \"The Santa Clause,\" the character playing Tim Allen\'s ex-wife lost her faith in Santa Claus when she didn\'t get which of the following as a Christmas present?
a) The Dream Husband game.
b) An EZ-Bake oven.
c) The Newlywed Game.
d) The Mystery Date game.